Style'n Tips: How to Wear Floral Dresses In the Fall/Winter
|Madewell dress, Club Monaco blazer, Michael Kors handbag, Aldo belt, Steve Madden boots|
On Sunday we met up with some friends for brunch in Boston's South End. It was a the perfect fall day to wear this new dress I bought at Madewell. (dress also seen here) I have had my eye on this dress for a while and when I went to the store to try it on it was marked down so of course I got it. This floral dress is quickly becoming my new"black" dress because the styling options are endless and it it such a versatile item. Next time I may try pairing the dress with my short black leather jacket and black tall boots.
Top 5 Tips for Wearing Floral Dresses in the Fall/Winter:
1. Cover up by pairing a floral dress with corduroy blazers, denim jackets, and leather jackets. This helps break up the print, toughens up the feminine look, and keeps you warm. In addition, adding different textures with these type of jackets or even with wool cardigans helps make the outfit more appropriate for the cold season.
2. Consider layering the dress with a turtleneck or long sleeve tee underneath or add a belted cardigan on top.
3. Add cold weather wear such as dark opaque tights, darker more simple handbags, and scarves.
4. Replace sandals with tall boots, slouchy boots, or booties.
5. Select colors and textures appropriate for fall. Leave the linen floral dress or the classic summer white and pastel dresses and opt for darker bolder hues giving you an edgy and autumn look. But if you do wear lighter colored floral prints then just add tights and cardigans that compliment and draw attention to one of the darker hues in the dress.
Do you like to wear floral dresses in the fall/winter? If so what are some ways you transform this look from spring/summer to fall/winter?