My New Favorite Hostess Gift
Here is my list of great hostess gifts. There are times I might pick up a unique item from a local boutique or store, such as loose tea, a fun piece of jewelery, gourmet coffee, or scented candles. But, the list below focuses on the gifts I usually give as a hostess gift. (And based on this list below, there's no denying I am partial to gifts that involve some type of eating or drinking!)
1. Wine. Usually I select one of my favorite red or white wines to take as a gift. But sometimes a port or a dessert wine is a nice change.
2. Fresh Flowers. This is always a safe gift. But other options are also fresh herbs or plants such as orchids or fresh cut basil.
3. Champagne. Ah, who doesn't love a good bottle of bubbly? And this gift is perfect when there is a special occasion. (Although, I am not saying there has to be a special occasion to enjoy champagne!)
4. Dessert. Sometimes I like to pick up fresh baked cookies or cupcakes from a local bakery. If I have more time, I like to bake a simple cake or pie and take it over. (but somehow this option does not happen as much as I would like it to)
Here is my new favorite hostess gift
5. Beautifully crafted chocolate sweets
I just heard about this new chocolate cafe in South Boston called Blue Tierra Chocolates. Blue Tierra specializes in handcrafted chocolates, pastries, and desserts. They truly are unique because they use natural ingredients and everything is fresh. At Blue Tierra, they even use local and organic ingredients when possible. They also serve loose leaf tea, origin coffees, and coffee elixirs. And the truffles are infused with spices and flavors from all over the world.
Blue Tierra serves this amazing chocolate called Wasaberry, which is a dark chocolate ganache infused with wasabi and raspberry puree enrobed in dark chocolate.
And did you see those adorable green turtles? They were so delicious!
What is your favorite "go to" hostess gift?