I hope all of you had a relaxing and fun 4th of July weekend. We are on vacation this week and are excited for all the weeks festivities which includes some wine tasting, a family wedding, and my sister's engagement party. I will be posting sporadically but will have lots of fun and colorful photos in our Indian outfits when I return.
Here is the recipe for my mom's delicious and super easy quiche recipe. I planned to post last week but unfortunately I did not have access to my laptop for 4 days.
1 roll of ready made pastry dough
2 oz butter
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 tbsp white flour
8 oz milk
1/2 bag spinach
1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
6 oz shredded cheese
hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Roll dough into the greased dish and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. Sauté onion in the butter until slightly see through.
3. Add flour and stir. Lower heat and add milk and stir until milk thickens. Then add spinach and mushrooms.
4. Add pepper, hot sauce, and cheese. Switch off the heat and beat 3 eggs and add to the mixture. Stir and pour mixture into the pie shell.
5. Add the tomatoes on top to decorate and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.