I am always thinking of ways to create new and interesting vegetarian fusion dishes and this recipe for paneer bruschetta is one I would highly recommend. Paneer bruschetta is easy to make and is the perfect appetizer to serve at a dinner party. You can easily prepare the paneer mix in advance and toast the bread and assemble the bruschetta immediately before serving.
I am off to North Carolina tomorrow morning to attend a wedding shower for my sister and to help my sister and family finalize the remaining details for the wedding. I still cannot believe my little sister is getting married in one month.
1. 1/2 block store bought paneer (Whole Food or local Indian Market)
2. 2 green onions finely chopped
3. 1/4 tsp ground coriander
4. 1/4 tsp ground cumin
5. salt and pepper to taste
6. Olive oil- 1 tbsp to sauté the paneer and a bit more to brush on the toast
7. 6 cherry tomatoes
8. 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
9. 1/2 green chili finely chopped
10. 1 baguette cut into 1 inch diagonal slices
1. Sauté the grated paneer in olive oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add ground cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
2. Transfer the paneer to a mixing bowl and mix in green onion, cilantro, and green chili.
3. Brush olive oil on the baguette slices and broil or toast until brown.
4. Spoon the paneer onto each baguette slice and serve immediately.
Recipe makes 12 baguette slices.