This Week-Let's Reflect
Happy Friday everyone!
So often we make New Year's resolutions and by about this time of year it all falls by the wayside. But this year I decided to make small, specific, and attainable resolutions like wake up at 7 am every morning (because I knew a goal of 6 am would likely never happen), drink a full glass of water before my coffee and smoothie, and tickle Ariyana and laugh with her every single night before she goes to sleep. Lately, I have also been making small changes each week that have made me feel more productive, healthier, active, and most importantly happier.
Be productive and organized
1. For the past couple of weeks I have been starting my day with a cup of coffee and my iPad. Ariyana usually is not up this early so I use this quiet time to check email, read blogs, websites, and news. Here are a few of my favorite articles I shared on Twitter and Facebook this week.
2. I always say I want to read more so this week I committed to reading 30 minutes before going to sleep. Right now I am reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It is so easy to read all those glossy magazines I have downloaded on my iPad but I think at night it is therapeutic to read a page turning novel instead.
3. This week I am using my Jonathan Adler To Do notepad to jot down all the things I need to do. Yes I admit I am one of those people who likes to phyiscally cross off the things I accomplish each day.
Be healthy and try new recipes
We are not completely vegetarian but I enjoy cooking mostly vegetarian food and fish. So this week I decided to cook from of one of my favorite cookbooks- A Year In A Vegetarian Kitchen by Jack Bishop. These recipes are super quick and easy and I have to say cooking strictly from one cookbook makes planning meals so much easier during the week.
-Penne with Pan-Roasted Garlic, Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes, and Basil
-Spicy-Pan Glazed Tofu
-Orecchiette With Spicy Broccoli
Be active and try new workout routines
1. This week I went to Tabata (basically a high intensity interval training class) and it was amazing-so amazing I literally couldn't work out the next two days. Check out more information about Tabata here.
2. I also had a fun date with two of my girlfriends at the driving range. We all decided we want to learn how to play golf together this year. I am excited to learn how to play and it really is so much more fun with girlfriends.
And last week Ariyana spent her spring break with my parents in North Carolina. When Ariyana came back she had a short list of simple things she wanted me to do. I have no issues with request #1 but I am going to need to practice and find a tutorial on #2.
1. "Mama from now please give me warm water with honey and lemon in the morning with my breakfast "
2. "Oh and I want you to please braid my hair for school everyday. "
Have a wonderful weekend!