Style Tips: How to Make Your Closet Beautiful And Functional
Unless you’re ready for a complete closet re-do and the construction that comes along with it, you’re closet’s design is what it is going to be! And because the closet you have is what you have to work with, you have to make sure it also works for you!
Here are 5 easy ways to make your closet beautiful and functional so you can make the most of all your clothes, shoes, purses and accessories.
1. Work with the season. Unless your closet is big enough to store summer and winter items with room to spare, you should always switch out clothes as the seasons change. Being able to shop your closet and create outfits effortlessly is all about being able to see what you have.
2. Edit at least twice a year. As the seasons change you should edit your wardrobe. When you pack up and store your winter or summer items try everything on. Get rid of anything that doesn’t fit or that you didn’t wear all season, only keep the things you love and feel great in.
3. Group like with like. Take this tip beyond pants with pants and dresses with dresses. Within these groups also group clothing by color and type (dressy, work, casual). This will save you so much time!
4. Streamline your hangers. Get slim felt hangers, they create extra space in your closet and they are non-slip so your clothes won’t disappear to the floor.
5. Create systems that work for any budget. Use products to properly store items. Clear shoes boxes work great for both shoes and accessories and hanging sweater bags are great for folded items. Make sure to take an inventory before you go to the store so you only buy exactly what you need.
Thanks to Rachel Strisik of Rachel and Company for these wonderful style tips!
Rachel Strisik of Rachel and Company is an organizing extraordinaire – Rachel uses creativity, style and a little elbow grease to help clients get their homes, offices, schedules and lives in order. As a professional organizer, Rachel empowers her clients to live more organized, productive lives. Rachel and Company is a full-service professional organizing company specializing in client organization, closet design and organized moves. Rachel also works with businesses to improve productivity and efficiency through organization and has helped over 600 clients since her start in 2008. Rachel works nationally with clients, is based in Bethesda, MD and has been featured in publications such as Washingtonian, The Washington Post, NBC4, Fox5 and most recently in the Huffington Post. Rachel can be reached at: email@example.com and 202.669.3719 or through her website: www.rachel-company.com.