January and February Beauty Favorites
The past couple of months I have visited Blue Mercury a few too many times to pick up some new products and replenish some of my favorites. My two favorite additions to my evening beauty routine is the M61-Power Glow Peel and the REN Wake Wonderful Night Facial. I would definitely recommend adding these to your beauty routine.
1. Oribe Signature Conditioner. I bought the Oribe shampoo a while back just to try a new shampoo. And I ended up getting this conditioner to go along with it. I like this conditioner because it feels luxurious yet it is lightweight and very hydrating. It also smells so good.
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. I use this concealer after applying the Bobbi Brown peach corrector. It has a rich texture and radiant finish. I have been using this product a long time and highly recommend it. It smoothes the under eye area while blurring and hiding imperfections and signs of fatigue.
3. M-61 Power Glow Peel. This is new for me and my advice is if you want to add one new product to your routine make it the Power Glow Peel. I first bought a pack of 10 and loved this so much I went back and bought a pack of 30. My friend Amanda introduced me to these exfoliating peels and they are a MUST have for every woman over 30! This 1-minute 1-step exfoliating peel resurfaces, clarifies, and helps firm the skin for a radiant and renewed glow. Also I used to get salicylic acid peels as part of my regular facials and with this product I can definitely reduce the frequency of facials I get.
- Glycolic Acid: Promotes the reduction of wrinkles,acne scarring and hyperpigmentation. Exfoliates, exposing live skin cells.
- Salicylic acid: A beta hydroxy acid that penetrates into the pores. Contains sebum that exfoliates dead skin cells built up inside the pores.
- Vitamin K: Reduces facial discoloration caused by poor circulation, skin irritation and scarring.
- Bilberry extract: Rich in procyanidin which reduces inflammation.
- Chamomile: Functions as an antimicrobial, antiallergic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and analgesic.
- Lavender: Increases relaxation.
4. Moroccan Oil. I have been using this argan oil for a very long time and I typically use it 3x a week after washing and conditioning my hair. It's a great detangler and nourishes the hair. Growing up my mom used to apply coconut oil to my hair every Sunday and even though I don't do that anymore and never liked it I still think applying some kind of oil is essential for restoring shine and increasing hair elasticity.
- Argan Oil: With its high content of antioxidants, essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, it increases hair’s elasticity and consistently restores shine to dull, lifeless hair. It is a powerful antioxidant, UV-protector, and free radical neutralizer. Proven to make hair softer, silkier, and shinier.
5. Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector. This corrector neutralizes discoloration and layers perfectly under my concealer. I use dark peach and what I love most is that this product doesn't crease, blends well, and has a nice smooth coverage. But the key with this product is that it really can't be used alone-you have to apply a concealer on top of it. This product is best used as a first step to correct and cover the discoloration under the eye area.
6. REN Wake Wonderful Night Time Facial. This is another new product for me and one I will add to my nighttime beauty routine. This leave-on mask exfoliates, energizes and plumps the skin overnight. It repairs uneven texture, encourages cell turns over and reduces pigmentation.
Lately what I have been doing is using this 2x a week and the M61 Power Peel 2x a week. Definitely give them a try!
- Lactic and glycolic acids: Repair uneven texture, encouraging cell turnover and reducing surface pigmentation. Glycogen, magnesium and omega oils: Energize, revitalize and heal the skin. Sodium lactate: Raises the skin's pH, giving a plumping effect.